“THE ARTS BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER WHEN THE REST OF THE WORLD WANTS TO TEAR US APART.”
– Josie Koeplin
CULTURAL CONVERSATIONS ARE THE WAY WE CHANGE THE WORLD
THE RAISE THE PADDLE FOR ART SUPPORTS SVMoA’s MISSION OF ENRICHING OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH TRANSFORMATIVE ARTS AND EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES.
At SVMoA, almost everything we do throughout the year, whether offering classes for teens or scholarships to area teachers, commissioning artists to make new work or presenting music in the school, requires subsidy.
By Raising the Paddle, you allow us to keep ticket prices low, provide programs to all the valley's students for free, and make classes, lectures and workshops available at a reasonable cost. Our Museum is open and free to all.
We believe the arts are essential -- not extra. They are what makes us human. SVMoA is committed to Arts Education and fostering LIFELONG Learning for the whole community. Your gift creates the opportunity for others to experience and engage in the arts and arts education.
IN 2021, SVMoA EXCEEDED $1 MILLION IN CUMULATIVE GIVING
FOR ARTS SCHOLARSHIPS.
WHAT DOES RAISE THE PADDLE FOR ART SUPPORT?
• Year-round free and reduced-cost arts education
programs and exhibitions for lifelong learners throughout the whole Wood River Valley
• Four unique in-school and in-museum programs serving all area schools, more than 4,000 K–12 students annually
• Multiple scholarships awarded each year for local
students and educators, enabling them to continue their passion for and exploration of the arts
• Arts education classes for Spanish-speaking families, adults and students
• New and expanded partnerships with local nonprofits
including The Community Library, the Hunger Coalition, the "I Have a Dream Foundation," and more
• Cultural celebrations that honor traditions and histories of native, resident and immigrant populations
PLEASE JON US IN IMPACTING YOUR COMMUNITY BY SUPPORTING CONTINUED ACCESS TO THE ARTS BID HIGH, BID OFTEN, BID PROUD!